Water-saving is a universal responsibility of every person who lives on this earth. In order to save water, we have to adapt various means that can help in maintaining the level of fresh water on earth. As the accessibility of freshwater is depleting water conservation and saving initiatives are increasing to save water for future generations.
Producing water is costly and uses those limited supplies of water available. By conserving water you can help supply more water while bringing a multitude of benefits your way.
Ways And Methods Of Saving Water :
Water covers 70% of the earth surface but freshwater for drinking and other uses are about only 2.5 %. Also, this makes water one of the scarce resources that the entire human race consumes. Apart from that, if we reduce the amount of water we daily use for various activities like bathing, laundry, watering plants, etc. then we can really be able to save water for our future generations. Besides, below we have listed down various tips that can save water.
1. Turning the water off when brushing your teeth or washing your hair can save a lot of water. In fact, as much as 160 gallons of water can be conserved each month when you turn the water off.
2. Plant your garden in the spring and you can save since water requirement levels are less during this season.
3. Do not use water to defrost foods. Although many people do use this method it requires a lot of water consumption to do this.
4. Instead of shower use buckets because it saves a lot of water.
5. Cut off the water supply to any areas in the home that you are not using.
6. Have regular inspections from a plumber or water specialists. He can detect any problems quickly and easily.
7. Educate children about water-saving from an early age so they can understand its value.
8. Increase awareness about save water initiative in your locality, school, and neighborhood.
9. Don’t use your toilet as a trash can. Every time you flush your toilet, you use up to 10-12 liters of water.
10. Use the full capacity of your washing machine while washing clothes.
- After all, we have done till now to save water is not enough. Also, it is the most vital resource that we have received from Mother Nature. Apart from that, it is also very important for other forms of life on earth like plants, animals, and birds. The quantity of fresh water is only limited to groundwater, rivers, and lakes. Hence, it becomes our duty to safeguard what remains of this precious resource for our future.