International Women’s Day is a day of celebration around the world, and an official holiday in dozens of countries, it’s an annual event that honors the various achievements social, economic, political, and cultural that females have accomplished.
For over a hundred years on 8th of March each year, International Women’s Day has put the spotlight onto issues affecting women all over the world.
HISTORY OF INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
In 1908, on New York 15,000 women went on strike because of low pay and terrible conditions in the factories where they worked. The next year, the Socialist Party of America organised a National Women’s Day, one year after that, there was a conference in Copenhagen, Denmark, about equality and women’s right to vote. , the idea grew In Europe and became International Women’s Day for the first time in 1911, also the United Nations declared 8 March International Women’s Day in 1975.
HOW INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY IS CELEBRATED
International Women’s Day is a special event which is celebrated worldwide on 8th of March by the people including women leaders from the business, political, educational institutions and more, and it’s celebrated by organizing variety of programs like conferences, debates, presentations, competitive activities, dinners etc..
Also this event celebration plays a great role in distributing the real message about the women’s right and their place in the society. It promotes the living condition of the women by solving their social issues.
QUOTES OF INTERNATIONAL WOMAN’S DAY
Here are 6 quotes of International Women’s Day:
- “Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size.”
- “The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed.”
- “Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of women’s issues.”
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look–from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.”
- “One is not born a woman, one becomes one.”