Green tea is considered to be one of the healthiest beverages in the world, made from the Camellia sinensis plant. he has been used as a medicine for thousands of years, originating in China but widely used in Asia, Green tea has been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol, It’s also loaded with antioxidants that have many health benefits, we should to know that 78 percent of the tea consumed around the world is black and only about 20 percent is green.
Green Tea Health Benefits
- Here are possible Health Benefits of Green Tea:
1. Cancer Prevention
Lab studies show that green tea extracts may stop cancer cells from continuing to grow by lowering cellular levels of the cyclin D1 protein, which cancer cells need to continue forming.
2. Heart Disease
Green tea may lower triglycerides and LDL cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease and cardiovascular diseases, also improves blood flow and reduces inflammation in the heart. Studies show that those who consume two cups or more of green tea per day will have a 39 percent lower.
3. Lower Cholesterol
Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
4. Weight Loss
Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
Depression comes from biochemical and hormonal imbalances as well as emotional issues, so green tea is here to help. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves also some studies show that green tea may actually decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression.
6. Skin Care
Green tea help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, because of their and anti-inflammatory activities. Green tea also contains vitamin B, manganese, potassium, caffeine, amino acids, folate, and phytochemicals that are fantastic for your skin.
Interesting Facts of Green Tea
Below, Here are some interesting Facts:
- Green tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant.
- In the 1700s, Great Britain adopted tea as its drink of choice.
- Green tea contains 50% more vitamin C than black tea.
- Second, only to water, green tea is the most consumed drink on a global scale.
- Much like wine tastings, some cultures have tea tastings.
- Experts say that the perfect steeping time is between three and five minutes for green tea. This creates a potent tea full of healthy antioxidants.