Bananas are considered the world’s most popular fruits, it’s contain important nutrients that lead to better health.
They are also a convenient and tasty snack, you can carry them with you anywhere you go, it’s gives you more energy, improved digestion and even weight loss.
On this Topic we will take a look at the impressive health benefits of Bananas and some interesting facts:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
1. Improves Mood
Bananas are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan, proper serotonin which your body converts to it, help improve your mood, reduce stress and enhance your happiness levels.
2. Heart Health
Bananas contain potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and folate, such as vitamin C. All of these support heart health, also they are packed with potassium, a mineral electrolyte that keeps electricity flowing throughout your body.
3. Weight Loss
Bananas are high in fiber, one banana can provide nearly 10 percent of your daily fiber requirement, also they are a great weight loss food because they taste sweet and are filling, which helps curb cravings.
4. Rich in Potassium
Potassium helps muscles to contract and nerve cells to respond. It keeps the heart beating regularly and can reduce the effect of sodium on blood pressure, aslo lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.
5. Rich in Vitamin B6
Bananas contain vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), this vitamin is required for proper brain development and function and along with the hormones norepinephrine and serotonin affects mood, also known to help the body create melatonin, a hormone that regulates the body’s internal clock.
- The banana plant is classified as an arborescent (tree-like) perennial herb, and the banana itself is considered a berry. A bunch of bananas is called a hand; a single banana is a finger.
- Bananas are the most popular fruit in the world, over 100 billion bananas are eaten around the world every year, and around 51% of these are eaten at breakfast time.
- The first bananas are thought to have grown in the region that includes the Malaya Peninsula, Indonesia, the Philippines and New Guinea.
- Ecuador is the leading producer of bananas worldwide, followed by the Philippines. Bananas are produced in other tropical and subtropical areas of Asia, Africa, and the Americas, as well as the Canary Islands and Australia.
- Bananas have a total of 89 calories per 100 grams (3.5 oz).
- Bananas contain no fats, they are low in calories, and they have no sodium or cholesterol.
- In the Philippines, bananas are used in place of tomatoes to make ketchup.
- A banana plant stops producing new leaves and instead grows a flower spike when it matures.