Eating a healthy diet that contains water is important for the child. Water helps the muscles and brain stay hydrated.
Not getting enough water leads to dehydration, so child should drink water at high air temperature.
Also children who play sports need larger amounts of water before and after playing.
In this article we will show you the importance of water to your children:
BENEFITS OF WATER FOR CHILDREN
There are many health benefits that drinking water provides to our childrens, and we mention the following:
- Transporting food and oxygen to cells, and disposing of waste products through the blood, which is mostly made of water, and water is an important component of lymph fluid, and blood and lymph contain cells that fight infection because they are part of the immune system.
- Maintaining the normal body temperature, which is equal to 37 degrees Celsius, and occurs through sweating. Maintain joint health and movement, such as the joints of the elbows and knees; As water is one of the components of the fluid between the joints.
- The transport of digestive enzymes through the digestive system, which helps to digest food and break it down for distribution throughout the body.
RECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF WATER FOR CHILDREN
- Young children: 2-4 cups.
- Children 4-8 years: 5 cups.
- Children 9-13 years: 7-8 cups.
- Children 14 and over: 8-11 cups.