Depression is a common mental disorder that contains many types and causes feelings of sadness, anxiety, and loss of interest, in addition to feelings of guilt, helplessness, pessimism, and poor concentration.
Also there are many other factors that may be biological or external influences that can play a role in causing people to become depressed.
Types of depression differ for people with different symptoms and signs.
In this Article we will show you some types & quotes of depression:
TYPES OF DEPRESSION
A mood disorder that causes a continuous feeling of despair and sadness, as this continues most of the day for at least two weeks, especially in the early morning, and the occurrence of this condition is related to the difficulty of completing various tasks, whether they are work or study-related tasks, although this type of depression is very severe, it is treatable.
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Signs of depression appear on a person suffering from this type during certain periods of the year, often in the winter period when the exposure to light is low, and the patient can be treated by taking anti-depressants or through light therapy.
It is a type of depression that differs from major depressive disorder in some symptoms such as the sufferer feels heavy in the extremities of his body, sleeping for longer periods than usual, and increasing sensitivity to criticism.
It is a disorder during which there are periods of euphoria and high mood, and other periods in which symptoms of depression appear.
This type of depression is represented by the symptoms of depression sometimes coinciding with symptoms of psychosis, hallucinations, delusions and paranoia.
Feeling depressed due to exposure to difficult circumstances, like the death of a person, problems at work or the end of a relationship.
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Some females feel depressed at the start of their menstrual period, and this may be accompanied by some other symptoms; Mood swings, anxiety, and irritability.
Persistent Depressive Disorder
It is a feeling of sadness or low mood for long periods of up to two years or more.
BEST DEPRESSION QUOTES
- When you’re surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you’re by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don’t feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you’re really alone.”
- “I waste at least an hour every day lying in bed. Then I waste time pacing. I waste time thinking. I waste time being quiet and not saying anything because I’m afraid I’ll stutter.”
- “Killing oneself is, anyway, a misnomer. We don’t kill ourselves. We are simply defeated by the long, hard struggle to stay alive. When somebody dies after a long illness, people are apt to say, with a note of approval, “He fought so hard.” And they are inclined to think, about a suicide, that no fight was involved, that somebody simply gave up. This is quite wrong.”
- “I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good.”
- “because wherever I sat—on the deck of a ship or at a street café in Paris or Bangkok—I would be sitting under the same glass bell jar, stewing in my own sour air.”