Many people suffer from a problem of memory and forgetfulness, which affects their lives.
As this leads them to forget many important things, including some appointments, or the time to take medicines, or some important occasions, which affects social relations.
It is possible to activate and improve your memory by following those ways that help to strengthen memory.
BEST WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY
- DRINK WATER: Make sure to drink adequate quantities of water, that is, at least 8-10 cups per day. It helps brain cells to utilize nutrients that are beneficial for memory.
- FOLLOW A HEALTHY DIET: A healthy diet is one of the most important things to maintain a healthy mind and memory, so you should make sure to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, in addition to eating low-fat protein sources.
- LEARN NEW THINGS: It is necessary to maintain the continuity of challenging the mind, and exercising the memory, by learning new skills, such as: learning a new language, or applying mind games, to enhance its strength and ability.
- DOING SPORTS: Exercise has many benefits for strengthening memory, as one of the most recent studies in the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that exercise, such as running and swimming, helps to increase the size of the hippocampus in the brain, which is the part concerned with verbal memory and learning.
- SLEEP: Sleep has a role in supporting memory, by strengthening the neural connections that form memories, and it is necessary for learning new information, in addition to sleep deprivation that does not allow a person to focus on his tasks well, which leads to inefficient learning.