Drinking water during exercise in sufficient quantities helps to increase the athlete’s sense of comfort.
And this enables him to perform exercises more effectively and for a longer period.
Where the heart can pump blood to the body without much effort.
Thus, it efficiently transfers oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
The body loses water during exercise by breathing or sweating, and the athlete can become dehydrated.
So it recommended to drink more water during exercise to avoid dehydration!
BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER DURING EXERCISE
The body needs water to perform its various functions, and there are several benefits that water provides to the body:
- MAINTAIN BLOOD PRESSURE: Lack of water in the body can lead to an increase in blood density, which leads to an increase in blood pressure.
- Aids DIGESTION: The digestive system needs water to function properly, and dehydration may lead to several digestive problems.
- MOISTURIZES JOINTS: Dehydration can reduce the ability of the joints to absorb shock in the long run, and this causes pain in the joints.
- CONSTITUTES SALIVA: Drinking water contributes to maintain oral hygiene, and saliva helps digest food.
- BOOSTS BRAIN HEALTH: Dehydration affects the construction and functions of the brain. As this can lead to disturbances in logical thinking.
- MAINTAINS SKIN: Dehydration affects the skin, he make it more susceptible to skin problems and wrinkles.
In conclusion, it is advisable to drink water continuously during the day before exercise, and you should drink water during and after exercise as well.