It is also distinguished by its pleasant smell that resembles the scent of lemon, and it is involved in the manufacture of medicines.
As it is involved in the manufacture of many different cosmetic preparations for each of the hair, body, and skin, we will talk in this article about its benefits.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VERBENA
Verbena has many benefits that are difficult to count, and due to its medicinal properties, ancient scholars likened it to Honey.
Among the most prominent benefits are:
- Verbena drink is used in the treatment of digestive problems such as stomach disorders, irritable bowel, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, and to expel annoying gases. This is because it contains eugeniol, and it is preferable to drink it before going to sleep.
- Treating various forms of pain, such as headaches, migraines or migraines, joint pain and dental pain.
- Reducing the severity of mental and psychological illnesses, such as hysteria and depression.
- Treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children, due to its sedative effect.
- Treatment of autoimmune diseases such as swollen airways, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, tumors, and insect bites.
- Verbena has antiviral properties that help eliminate the herpes simplex virus, and various viral pains, due to the fact that it contains polyphenols.
- Lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood; Because it contains a good amount of fiber; It is recommended to take it immediately after food to prevent cholesterol from being absorbed from the food.
- Verbena is used as an appetite suppressant, thus increasing body weight.
- Verbena has sedative properties and is used to improve mood and relieve symptoms of insomnia, sleep disturbances, irritability and anger.