Eating fish has many different benefits on health, and nutritionists advocate eating it regularly, so what are the most important discoveries about that.
A study published in the Journal of Internal Medicine revealed that eating fish promotes human health and prolongs life.
Various scientific studies have revealed that eating fish contributes to reducing the risk of cancer, improves heart health and reduces infections
while other studies have linked omega-3s to improving mental health and vision.
Currently, this study indicated that eating fish, especially rich in omega-3
reduces the risk of premature death and improves human health.
The researchers were able to reach this result by targeting 240,729 men and 180,580 women for 16 years
and they found that 54,230 men and 30,882 women died during the study.
The researchers reported that the male participants who ate fish regularly had a reduced risk of premature death by approximately 9%, in addition to:
- About 10% decrease in death due to heart disease.
- Reduced risk of dying from cancer by 6%
- Also reduced risk of dying from pneumonia by 20%
- Reduced risk of death from liver disease by 37%.
As for women, the results were as follows:
- 10% reduced risk of dying from heart disease
- Reduced risk of dying from Alzheimer’s by 38%
The researchers emphasized that, in order to enjoy the benefits of eating fish, it should not be cooked by frying.