vaginal infections during pregnancy treatment methods differ between pregnant women and non-pregnant women.
So we will learn about ways to treat vaginal infections and how to prevent them.
Many pregnant women may notice the recurrence of various types of vaginal infections.
due to some changes in the immune system of the pregnant woman.
In the following article, we will learn how to treat it during pregnancy:
TREATMENT OF VAGINAL INFECTIONS DURING PREGNANCY
Vaginal infections are treated for pregnant women depending on the type of infection, as follows:
Treatment of Vaginal Infections during Pregnancy of the Bacterial Type
Treatment of bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy is necessary if symptoms are present.
It is through the use of the following medicines available as oral pills or topical medicine:
It is worth noting that it is necessary to avoid the use of (TINIDAZOLE), as it may cause some complications for the pregnant woman and the fetus.
Fungal Infection Treatment during Pregnancy
It is possible to treat vaginal yeast infection by using over-the-counter medications that come in the form of creams, ointments, or vaginal suppositories, with the need to consult a doctor before use.
Among these drugs are:
He may get the best results in treating vaginal yeast infection when pregnant by choosing the medicines that be using for over a week.
It is worth noting that the use of prescription antifungal medications, such as fluconazole, should be avoided during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester.
Treatment of Vaginal Infections during Pregnancy From Trichomoniasis
Pregnant women treat trichomoniasis through the use of oral (METRONIDAZOLE), with the need to avoid the use of tinidazole during pregnancy.
Treatment of Vaginal Infections during Pregnancy Streptococcus B
It is necessary to treat a pregnant woman for streptococcus B infections at least 4 hours before delivery through the use of the antibiotic (Penicillin) given intravenously.
PREVENTION OF VAGINAL INFECTIONS
There are some tips that help reduce the risk of various vaginal infections during pregnancy.
Among these tips are:
- Make sure to wash your hands properly and regularly.
- Use a condom when having sex.
- Make sure to wear cotton underwear.
- Do not use a vaginal douche.
- Avoid taking a hot shower.
- Immediately change clothes if they get wet.
- Eat yogurt that contains probiotics.
- Wipe with toilet paper from front to back after using the bathroom.
- Avoid using all scented products that can irritate the vagina, from wipes to laundry soap and body wash to scented tampons and sprays.
- Avoid wearing tight pants.
- Maintaining a normal blood sugar level during pregnancy.
- Carrying out sexually transmitted diseases examinations during pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal symptoms.