What are the best unsaturated fats foods? Can it be obtained from dietary supplements?
And what are its main benefits? The answers are in the following article.
Unsaturated fats, also known as good fats or healthy fats because of their positive impact on overall health
They are essential nutrients that support a variety of bodily functions.
Therefore, it is important to know the sources of unsaturated fats to include in the diet followed.
THE BEST UNSATURATED FATS FOODS
The primary sources of unsaturated fats are mostly oils from plants and fish.
These fats can be monounsaturated fats or polyunsaturated fats.
The following 8 foods are among the best foods of unsaturated fats:
Avocados are one of the healthiest foods, only one slice of them contains 1 gram of monounsaturated fats
And an avocado contains a small amount of polyunsaturated fat.
On top of that, it’s packed with folic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin E, making it a healthy snack option.
Several types of nuts contain large amounts of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats
which you can include it in your diet in several ways.
Walnuts are generally higher in polyunsaturated fats than other nuts
while pistachios, almonds, and pecans are higher in monounsaturated fats.
Olives, whether green or black, not only provide delicious taste, they are also rich in monounsaturated fats, and you can add olives to your diet.
- FLAXSEEDS: Flax seeds may be known for their high fiber content, but they are also an important source of healthy unsaturated fats.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS: Pumpkin seeds are a snack that is rich in both types of unsaturated fats but also contains a lot of fiber and protein.
5. FATTY FISH
Some fish are high in omega-3 fats, a type of polyunsaturated fat.
Fish in this category include:
Eggs contain both saturated and trans fats, and if prepared without frying
They are a healthy addition to your diet.
7. VEGETABLE OILS
If you are on a low-fat diet, you can replace butter with oils that are high in unsaturated fats
Including the following:
- CANOLA OIL.
- OLIVE OIL.
- CORN OIL.
- SOYBEAN OIL.
8. DARK CHOCOLATE
Chocolate contains a small portion of monounsaturated fat, and is a healthy food when eaten in small to moderate amounts.
BENEFITS OF UNSATURATED FATS
Consuming unsaturated fats is associated with a large number of health benefits
Including the following:
- Reduce the risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease.
- Heart health support.
- Enhance the absorption of certain vitamins, such as: vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- Fighting infections, which may help prevent many chronic diseases, such as:
- Arthritis, diabetes, or any autoimmune disease accompanied by inflammation.
- Having positive effects on brain health.