Vitamin D is important and essential in many of the processes and functions of the body, but how can we get it through food? and what foods rich in vitamin D?
Often a person does not get the right amount of it through sunlight, so it is important to focus on foods rich in this vitamin.
What are the most prominent foods rich in vitamin D?
The answer is as follows:
Vitamin D rich foods
Foods rich in vitamin D include the following:
Salmon is a fatty fish that contains large amounts of vitamin D.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United States, every 100 grams of salmon contains 361-685 international units of vitamin D.
In addition, salmon has many different health benefits, the most important of which are:
- Improving and enhancing the health of body cells and blood vessels.
- Promote bone health.
- Increasing the efficiency of the brain’s work and protecting it from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reducing the risk of infection.
- Contribute to weight control.
2. Fish liver oil
If you do not like eating fish, fish liver oil is the solution for that, as it contains a high amount of vitamin D
As each 4.9 milliliters of fish liver oil contains 450 international units of vitamin D.
In addition, Fish liver oil is a rich source of vitamin A and omega-3, which gives it many different health benefits!
- Help speed up the wound healing process.
- Reducing the risk of cancer.
- Diabetes prevention.
- Promote cardiovascular health.
This type of fish is eaten in different ways, whether raw, canned, smoked, or even pickled!
This fish is one of the foods rich in vitamin D, as every 100 grams of sardines contains 272 international units of it.
Sardines have the following health benefits:
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Protects against anemia.
- Promotes a healthy immune system.
- Helps reduce weight.
4. Egg yolk
People who do not eat seafood may find the right amount of vitamin D in the yolk!
As the yolk of one egg contains 18-39 international units of it.
The amount of vitamin D in eggs varies depending on how the chickens are raised.
Eating egg yolks is associated with the following health benefits:
- Improve and maintain eye health.
- Beneficial for healthy skin and hair.
- Work to improve metabolic processes.
- Help increase mineral absorption in the body.
5. Canned tuna
If you find that eating canned tuna is easier and more delicious than the previously mentioned fish
You can do so and get 236 international units of vitamin D in every 100 grams of it, in addition to its richness in vitamin K.
Eating tuna means that you will enjoy the following health benefits:
- Improving the general mood.
- Prevention of various cardiovascular diseases.
- Promote heart health.