Many life stresses and circumstances push people into depression, but can you be cured of depression Permanently? We will learn all of that and more in the following article.
Depression is a medical condition that affects mood and ability to function, but what is the treatment for depression? Here is an explanation for that:
Can you be Cured of Depression?
The answer to this question is no, depression cannot be completely cured
and to make it easier and to make things more clear
it is similar in the case of diabetes, once a person has it, it continues with him for life
but there are medications to treat it and control its levels
and the same is true with depression, as there are Effective treatments that enable sufferers to live their lives normally
but without fully recovering from it.
Let us explain the method of treatment of depression in the following:
1. Medical treatment
- Take medicine:
Learn about the medications used, including:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- Atypical antidepressants.
- Other types determined by the specialist doctor after reviewing the case.
Psychotherapy involves talking with a psychiatrist or specialist through office or online sessions.
- Other treatments:
As for other treatments, they include:
- Electroconvulsive therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
- In-hospital treatment, recommended for people who suffer from chronic depression and need to stay in the hospital for monitoring and health care.
2. Self-treatment of depression
Depression does not always mean the need for drugs or psychological treatment, but the individual can make an individual effort to be able to improve.
As there are a number of measures including:
- Make yourself a daily routine because depression causes days to pass one by one without any accomplishment, but setting a daily schedule can get you back on track.
- Do light exercise, as it enhances the secretion of endorphins, which make the individual feel satisfied, in addition to rejuvenating the brain.
- Set your daily goals, because hen you’re depressed, you won’t be able to achieve anything, which will only make things worse. Achieving daily goals will make you feel better.
- Follow a healthy diet, as depression will make you overeat, and it is good to suppress your passions and focus on eating foods rich in omega-3s, including salmon and tuna.
- Get enough sleep, lack of sleep increases feelings of depression, and to improve your sleep habits go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Continue to participate and take responsibility, as feeling depressed will make you evade all your responsibilities and do not give in to that and try to stick to them.
- Try something new. Trying new things changes dopamine levels, which are associated with pleasure.
- Don’t give in to negative thoughts.
Symptoms of depression
You can recognize a number of symptoms of depression, such as:
- Loss of hope and despair.
- Trouble sleeping and feeling tired.
- Not caring about things that were fun.
- Change your eating habits and diet.
- Inability to control emotions.
- anxiety disorders.
- Thinking of suicide and death.