Treating bad breath starts with oral hygiene, taking care of brushing the teeth on a daily basis and moisturizing. However, there are many methods that we follow to solve bad breath, the problem that many suffer from.
We brought you everything you need to know about how to get rid of bad breath.
Causes of bad breath
There is no clear and definitive cause of bad breath.
Bad breath increases at several times, including:
- When you wake up after a long period of time without brushing your teeth before bed.
- As well as when not eating for long periods, as happens in fasting, for example.
This unpleasant smell causes people to suffer from anxiety, stress and embarrassment in many cases.
Embarrassment from opening their mouths to speak or even laugh so that those around them do not notice a foul smelling breath.
But the solution is not far from people. The solution is to treat that smell and eliminate it permanently if possible.
There are many reasons for this phenomenon, for example:
- The presence of infections in the upper respiratory tract, whether those infections are bacterial or viral.
- Cases of dry mouth and insufficient saliva.
- Smoking, especially cigarette, is one of the most common causes of bad breath.
Bad breath when waking up
Halitosis is the most common and most common form of bad breath.
This problem does not result from one cause only, but rather as a result of the accumulation of many causes
which must be well known in order to find the appropriate treatment.
One of the reasons for this smell is:
- Do not brush your teeth with toothpaste at least twice a day.
- Also, unsuitable dental implants and dentures that leave voids, allowing harmful microbes to spread in the mouth.
- The presence of a defect in the immune system, almond infections, weak enamel diseases, and gum disease.
- Heavy smoking.
Bad breath treatment
There are many ways to get rid of bad breath permanently.
There are positive habits that you follow and make a part of your daily routine that may really help in treating the problem.
Such as committing to drink a large amount of water daily!
drink two liters of water daily in order to moisturize the mouth and prevent it from drying out.
Avoid excessive consumption of stimulants such as tea and coffee.
Quit smoking completely.
Avoid excessive sugar intake.
Also, be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
Use gargling fluids from time to time as it helps to eliminate harmful bacteria in the mouth.
we can use some home recipes to brush the teeth, such as:
- Lemon and water and salt recipe: we prepare it by squeezing a lemon in a spoonful of salt and a glass of water. The juice is used in rinsing the mouth and gargling daily.
- Olive oil: Putting a few drops of it on the finger and passing it on the teeth for a few minutes, then rinsing with warm water. Where olive oil helps to kill bacteria in the mouth and on the teeth.
- Rose water, cloves and sodium bicarbonate: This is done by heating the rose water over a low heat with the addition of a spoonful of baking soda and a spoonful of ground cloves, stirring well, until the mixture begins to boil. After that, the pot is removed from the fire, cooled, and filled in a clean bottle, and used for rinsing each morning until the bad breath is completely gone.